Monday, August 25, 2008

This Space Intentionally Left Empty

"Roscoe" is connected to my RL GMail account name so I sometimes rant elsewhere under a different pseudonym. I'm kinda paranoid after an uncomfortable experience with having my private life discussed in Federal Court a few years back. Opposing counsel found my old blog and attempted to use the contents to discredit me in front of the jury; based on the end result, I believe they were somewhat successful.

(In case you're wondering, it was a civil lawsuit over a large amount of money. I didn't kill anyone.)

I may post here regularly someday or I may continue to compartmentalize my online life. I haven't decided. I've learned a hard lesson that the world is still an extremely intolerant place about aspects of my personality that shouldn't really matter, and I'm gonna "fly under the radar" for a while.

Roscoe

PS E-mail sent to the address in the profile will eventually get a response, but I don't check it every day.

PPS The handle comes from an unhealthy number of repeat viewings of the Michael Nesmith movie "Tapeheads". Search YouTube for "Roscoe's Rap" featuring King Cotton.

No comments: